FFSA has chosen to use Ophardt as our competition and athlete management system. The system has been in place for several years. This is where fencers are entered into our national ranking and championship events, and the results are stored and used for overall South African fencing rankings. These rankings determine who is eligible for selection to any South African teams.
Using Ophardt to enter fencers to competitions.
Currently we prefer Club Administrators to enter their athletes into competitions. Before being able to access the system, the Club Administrator must themselves be registered on Ophardt. If you are a new Club Admin and aren’t registered, you need to contact the national DT to create your profile.
To enter athletes, the process is as follows:
1. go to http://www.fencingworldwide.com
2. Select click on “Signin Ophardt Online” – click.
3. Go to Registration (big Green button on the left of the screen) – click
4. Select the Competition you want to enter, click on register (this time on the right of the screen)
5. Select the Weapon and gender and age category, click on register
6. Click on add
7.Type your surname, click show
8. Click on Register – the button turns to green
9. Click on next
10. Click on Checkout/Confirmation
The Athlete is entered into the Event that he or she chose.